Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Guest Blog: Maria Murnane



Hi Julie, thanks so much for inviting me to write a guest post for your blog. I appreciate it! Given that in your review you mentioned that you really liked Waverly’s “Honey notes,” I thought it would be fun to come up with a few new ones that tell your readers the story of how I came to write, publish and market Perfect on Paper all on my own (with the help of my highly unpaid assistant, aka my awesome dad). So here you go!


Front: So, you STILL hate your job?
Inside: Honey, stop whining, get off your BUTT, and quit.

Front: Nervous about traveling to South America by yourself?
Inside: Honey, consider it an adventure—and a chance to kiss a ton of hot boys without anyone at home finding out.

Front: Ever gone on vacation and realized you didn’t want to come back?
Inside: Honey, hello? That would be you and anyone who has ever gone on vacation.

Front: Ever thought about writing a funny book about your life as a single woman in San Francisco?
Inside: Honey, I hate to steal someone else’s line, but seriously, JUST DO IT. Real life can wait, and did I mention the guys in South America are hot?

Front: So you really just lived in Argentina for a year and wrote a book, then came home and signed with an agent who LOVES YOUR WRITING and thinks she can get you a two-book deal? Inside: Honey, did I mention how beautiful you look today? Oh by the way, can I be on Oprah with you?

Front: So all the publishers turned your book down, and then your agent really booted you?
Inside: Honey, I’m so sorry. Now take a deep breath, dry your tears, and have a margarita….or four.

Front: So you really published this book all on your own, and now it’s getting great reviews, just like you had always dreamed it would?
Inside: Honey, life is funny that way. Now maybe one day soon the publishers will start calling, maybe even Oprah. And when she does, did I mention how nice your hair looks?

Thanks again Julie! And to anyone out there who would like to learn more about Perfect on Paper , please visit my site at Maria Murnane.com

Bye! Maria Murnane

2 comments:

Serena said...

This is a very creative guest post. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Maria--you crack me up! I swear your brain is a font of funny!!!