Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! My Reading Resolutions

2008 was a bad year for my reading. Not only was I short on time and didn't read as much as I would have liked, when I did, it seems I didn't enjoy the books much (giving the stink eye to David Wroblewski's The Story of Edgar Sawtelle).

There were some highlights, of course. Chief among them were:
  1. The Winter Rose
  2. The Tea Rose
  3. The House At Riverton
  4. The Kite Runner
  5. The Secret Life Bees

However, it's time to move on.

In 2009, I resolve to try to enjoy my favorite pastime a little better. This simply means, I'll need to pay better attention to my choices.

So that's it! Let us all see how well I do.

Happy New Year to you all! And here's to lots of wonderful reading!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The House at Riverton was my choice for first read of 2009 - glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I recommend Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani. It will be published in early February (I read an ARC). It's the first book of a trilogy. I loved it! Trigiani at her best. I hope 2009 will be a better year for books.

Julie said...

I recommend, since I sent it to you, The Other Boleyn Girl. It's been long enough since you've seen the movie. I can guarantee you'll love it.

tinylittlelibrarian said...

I'm looking forward to The House at Riverton and am currenly enjoying The Winter Rose.

Oo, a new Trigiani - I love her!

Sounds like a good resolution - I enjoyed a lot of books this year, but there were definitely some I could've done without. I think I need to be more choosy with my reading challenges and not just pick books that fit the challenge theme!

Serena said...

Good luck with your resolution!