Monday, January 2, 2012

Julie's Criminal Plots 2012 Challenge List

Thanks to two Jennifer's (GJR's Jenn and Jen of Jen's Book Thoughts), I will be doing yet another challenge this year! Dang! For someone who didn't do any challenges until 2011, I'm doing quite a lot.   My reasoning being that I will definitely be reading more than six crime/thriller novels this year, so it shouldn't be hard to meet the criteria:
  1. Novel with a weapon in the title:  TBD
  2. Book published at least 10 years ago:  L.A. Dead (Stone Barrington) by Stuart Woods
  3. Book written by an author from the state/province/etc. where you liveThe Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey
  4. Book written by an author using a pen name - TBD
  5. Crime novel whose protagonist is the opposite gender of the author10th Anniversary (The Women's Murder Club) by James Patterson
  6. A stand-alone novel written by an author who writes at least one series - Tell No One: A Novel by Harlan Coben

Rules of the Road:
  • You can read the books in any format you choose: print, audio, e-book, etc.
  • You can read books from any sub-genre of crime fiction: hardboiled, P.I., police procedural, cozy, thriller, etc.
  • You do not need to have a blog to participate.
  • You can use the books for other challenges but one book cannot count for more than one category in THIS challenge.
  • Books do not need to be pre-determined. You can choose them at any time throughout the year. And you can read them in whatever order you choose.
  • At the conclusion, each participant that completes the challenge will be entered for a chance at one of three prize packs.

I think I can do that.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

RebeccaK said...

I'm stumped by "book with a weapon in a title" too: nothing's really jumping out at me as I look up authors whose stuff I like. Good luck!