Friday, June 8, 2012

Armchair BEA: Future of Book Blogging or Future of our blog


Julie here with today's post.

I am definitely not an expert by any means on book blogging. I do this for the fun of it, to keep track of all those books I read and to share my love of reading/book to those who share that same love.

I think I can only talk about how I see our blog going in the future. As with every thing in life, you have to evolve. I think we've done that here at Girls Just Reading. They may not be huge but even slight evolutions have impact. Here are some of the things we've done since we started in 2007:

  • In August 2010 we invited Alice to join us on this little adventure and she's been a wonderful addition to our blog.
  • We had barely reviewed children's books in 2008 and 2009 but in 2011, Jenn and I added Children's Corner as our Sunday feature. It's nice knowing that if weeks are slow for posting, there will be at least one post for that week. I find it fun to see what Jenn and her daughter are reading. I often get great ideas on the kinds of books I want to check out.
  • In 2012 we decided to do a GJR Challenge where each of us picked books and we all had to read them. It has brought all 3 of us out of our comfort zones.
Since there are 3 of us active here (Lisa is on hiatus for school), each of us brings a different perspective and a different way of approaching our books/reviews. I think this always keeps it fresh and honest. I'm sure as we go forward we'll find other ways to freshen up the blog. I'm sure adding Lisa back into the mix will be excellent change of pace and offer yet another perspective on our blog.

I really don't see us going anywhere. We all love doing this and we will have been around for 5 years in August. I can't imagine my life with out blogging.

Thanks for stopping buy and we hope that you continue to check us out after Armchair BEA is finished.

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Leeanna said...

5 years! Congrats!

Amanda said...

Congrats on your upcoming 5 year mark!!! Sounds like you've had a lot of great changes too. :)

loreleimarsh said...

I love that you all share in the blog responsibility & while some people would feel that with that many people blogging you should always have something up, it's refreshing to hear that sometimes that doesn't happen & that's okay. :) Tattooed Books

Heidenkind said...

Five years, wow!