Sunday, December 30, 2012

Jenn's Review: The 8th Confession

Summary: As San Francisco's most glamorous millionaires mingle at the party of the year, someone is watching--waiting for a chance to take vengeance on Isa and Ethan Bailey, the city's most celebrated couple. Finally, the killer pinpoints the ideal moment, and it's the perfect murder. Not a trace of evidence is left behind in their glamorous home.

 As Detective Lindsay Boxer investigates the high-profile murder, someone else is found brutally executed--a preacher with a message of hope for the homeless. His death nearly falls through the cracks, but when reporter Cindy Thomas hears about it, she knows the story could be huge. Probing deeper into the victim's history, she discovers he may not have been quite as saintly as everyone thought.

As the hunt for two criminals tests the limits of the Women's Murder Club, Lindsay sees sparks fly between Cindy and her partner, Detective Rich Conklin. The Women's Murder Club now faces its toughest challenge: will love destroy all that four friends have built?  ~blurb

Review:  It's a little crazy but I've been off the Women's Murder Club since Rizzoli & Isles aired. WMC's Lindsay has always been Angie Harmon to me, even before the short lived series and even though she doesn't fit the physical description in the book, she is Harmon's wit and sarcasm to a T.  Somehow the character of Jane Rizzoli is jarring to my vision of Lindsay Boxer.

What I had forgotten, however, is the wonderful balance of the stories around the WMC women. It was amazing how fast the characters came flooding back to me... and it was welcome.  Although we know the culprit for the main case, it is interesting to see the case unfold. I had no idea how or where the second case fit in, but I found that I loved its resolution.  Also melded seemlessly into the storlyline are the lives of the girls, complicated and intertwining.   I was glad that there was some resolution reached in Lindsay's life. It's been toyed with a little too much for me.

It was silly to have avoided my WMC for so long and it certainly won't be long before I revisit them.

Final Take:  4.75/5

 Share/Bookmark

No comments: