Friday, May 3, 2013

Jenn's Review: Chosen at Nightfall

 Blurb:  When Kylie Galen entered Shadow Falls Camp, she left her old life behind forever and discovered a world more magical than she ever imagined. A place where you’re two best friends can be a witch and a vampire…and where love doesn’t happen the way you’d expect.

When Kylie’s most powerful enemy returns to destroy her once and for all, there’s only one way to stop him—to step into her full powers and make a stunning transformation that will amaze everyone around her.  But her journey won’t be complete until she makes one final choice…which guy to love.  Should she choose to the werewolf who broke her heart but will give anything to win her back, or the half-fae who ran from their attraction before they had a chance?  Everything she’s learned at Shadow Falls has been preparing her for this moment—when her fate will be revealed and her heart claimed forever.

Review:  This was a bittersweet read for me because I adore this series.  I was anxious to find out how things would work out, but also sad to see it's conclusion.    Thankfully, C. C. Hunter has a spin off series in the works....

I'm actually not overly fond of love triangles in books, that is, unless they are written really well, and this one is.  It helped that it wasn't the focus of the series until this final novel, but it is mostly because C. C. Hunter  writes intriguing characters that can't help but draw you into the story.  I adore Kylie.  I love the way she thinks things through and understands people.  She's emotionally mature for her age ...and mature enough to know she's not ready to have an adult relationship yet.  I will say that I was routing for the other guy, but Kylie went through things in such a rational way that I found myself okay with how things worked out.  (That in and of it self says a lot for Ms. Hunter's writing.)

I did wish that there had been more focus on the other aspects of the story, but I don't think I'll ever get enough of Shadow Falls, so I think I'd find myself wishing that even if Ms. Hunter had written volumes.  I want to know more about Kylie's kind, and the FRU, and the whole family of people I've encountered through C. C. Hunter's writing.  That's why I'm thrilled that Ms. Hunter plans on continuing Kylie's best friend Della's story.  I've wanted more of her story since the first book in the series.  She deserves to have her story play out.That and, I'm just not ready to say goodbye to these characters.  I will re-read and revisit them all again in the near future and I can't wait to share the Shadow Falls series with my daughter when she's older.

Final Take:  4.75

  Share/Bookmark

No comments: