Friday, January 2, 2015

Jenn's Year in Review

Another year has come and gone and it can be marked in many ways but around here we mark it in books.  (Of course the collage below doesn't count the books I re-read, just ones I read new.)


Jenn's 2014 Reads

The Private School Murders
The Blood of Olympus
The House of Hades
The Iron Trial
Undeniably Yours
Made for You
Reborn
Peter Pan Must Die: A Novel
The Red Pyramid
Confessions of a Murder Suspect
Under the Egg
City of Heavenly Fire
City of Lost Souls
City of Fallen Angels
The Goodbye Witch
Storm Front
Big Red Tequila
The Song of the Quarkbeast
Beautiful Redemption
Beautiful Chaos


Jennifer's favorite books »




As I look at my books from this year I see some I love and some I... didn't.  I see that I will be starting the year with another Sarah Addison Allen book --the perfect way to start the year in my opinion as I love her work!  But mostly I see books missing.  I feel like I didn't read enough this year, not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't have time to write reviews.  (I have two reviews to write from October!)  I know lots of bloggers can keep reading and go back and do it later, but I feel like I'm doing a disservice to the author, his/her work, and our readers by not reviewing it while it's fresh in my mind before moving on to something else.  So I have to make a decision whether I'm not going to review every book I read or whether I'm going to continue to allow it to slow me down...

...any thoughts?  How was your year in books?


Share/BookmarkGoogle+

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not read any of these, but I also had an awesome year. see my favorites: http://wordsandpeace.com/2015/01/01/year-of-reading-2014-part-1/

Angie said...

I feel like I defintely didn't read enough. I want to read more in 2015. I was introduced to Ken Follett and love his books. I'm currently on the 2nd of a trilogy. I love reading book reviews. However you choose to do them is fine.